Saturday, April 9, 2011

New York, Boston & New England - Day 2

I started the second day of my trip in Downtown, visiting Ground Zero (the first pics show the new Freedom Tower which is almost halfway done) and the Battery Park. At the South Ferry Terminal I ran into a movie set. The people there were actually at work, so I made my 200mm lens ready to see who to catch. Well, it paid out... I could catch Robert de Niro working!
I countinued on Wall Street and the Pier 17 to take some shots of Brooklyn Bridge and shop at A&F (like the rest of people in the shop, who were 50 percent German ;) ). Then I made my way to Chinatown, where I could enjoy delicious fusion thai food for lunch! I spent some more time in SoHo, the East Village and the neighborhood of Washington Square. The latter is just great for people watching: students, alternative people (well, what is actually alternative in such a culturally diverse city...?!), street artists, dating couples and dog walkers.
The highlight of the day was the hockey game New York Rangers versus Florida Panthers. It was my first hockey game in the city, couldn't make it during my time in NYC some years ago... However, the game itself was a bit disappointing. I believe the statistics of only 2min penalty time tells alot! Fortunately I could make friends with some Long Island people next to me. Their state of drunkenness let them talk like a waterfall ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment