Sunday, April 3, 2011

New York, Boston & New England - Day 1

The first day of my fourth trip to the US started early. I needed to be at Dresden International Airport at 7am to catch my flight to Frankfurt. There, a really handsome aircraft waited for me (and the other people): Lufthansa's second Airbus A380 headed to JFK!
I've already seen the big bird during the Berlin Air Show last year, but actually travelling with it is something different. I was pretty excited, even more as I could see that it will be flying half empty... So I had a pleasant 8h flight with the three seats next to me completely empty ;) Sleeping in Business Class though will still be more comfy.
After going through Immigration and Baggage Claim I took the subway to Midtown to get rid of my suitcase. Fortunately, the weather calmed down after some rain showers during the day. I used the evening to explore the sights of Rockefeller Center, Times Square and 5th Avenue. See yourself!

As always: Click on the first pic and use arrow keys to browse through the photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment