Tuesday, May 3, 2011

New York, Boston & New England - Day 7

Today was the time to explore Boston properly and with daylight. Fortunately, Boston is very walker-friendly, so I felt welcome. Since it was Sunday, the early morning was frighteningly quiet: Why was I the only human being on the streets?! Fortunately, the city was awakening some time later.
I walked eastwards to the city center to find the beginning of the Freedom Trail, a bright red-colored path through the city along all the important sites and buildings of Boston of the early times of this country. A lot of people followed the trail, which is a very connvient way to navigate all the tourists through Boston.
Weather was brilliant, though cold again. What would I've done without my gloves...
After finishing the long Freedom Trail I grabed another plate of disgustingly delicious Orange Chicken to avoid starving ;) It was then time to take the T (nickname of the Boston public transit system) to Cambridge, where I was about to meet a friend of mine at Harvard University. Christoph showed me all the famous places of Harvard and we really had a got time there. Personally, I think Harvard is pretty nice, but I kinda liked the campus of Yale a bit better. However, the MIT can't compete with both.
After an exhausting day I went back to the hotel to take some rest a prepare for my tomorrow's very early depature going back to New York City. Wasn't my choice, but I could save 15 bucks by getting back the car before 8am ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment